Whether you’r casually dating or in a serious relationship, it’s a no-brainer you have keep things interesting in terms of date night. Going the movies, to your favorite dinner spot, and to the bowling alley gets old fast. Winter months give you a little more of a break since it’s typically too cold to do anything outside, much less have a picnic in the park. On the other hand, summer gives you zero free passes. Everyone’s feeling spontaneous and antsy to discover new places so planning fun dates every weekend for each other can really add up and empty your wallet.
Luckily for you, we’ve thought of 12 really unique date night ideas for this weekend for less than $20 that can be done whether it’s your first date together or your 50th. The only problem you’ll have now is which one to choose!
1. Go to a dive bar and challenge each other to a game of darts or pool. Loser buys cheese fries!
2. Channel your inner eighth grader and play truth or dare.
3. Turn your room into a campsite. Make blanket forts and microwave s’mores before turning out the lights, turning on the flashlight, and telling ghost stories Blair Witch Project style.
4. For coffee lovers: Design mugs for each other with plain white coffee cups, black sharpies, and the oven!
5. Pretend you’re on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and have an epic lip sync battle. Word.
6. Volunteer together one weekend at a soup kitchen, animal shelter, nursing home, etc.
7. Go to the mall with $10 each and buy each other something. Whatever was bought for you, you have to wear around the mall until you leave!
8. Find a new television series on Netflix and only watch it when you’re together.
9. Go to an open mic night nearby and challenge each other to sing or read something.
10. Pick your favorite movies from when you were kids and watch them together.
11. Use a deal from Groupon for a half priced meal, class, etc.!
12. Bring blankets to the park, look up at the stars, and try not to fall asleep. Oops!
Will you be trying any of these date-ideas-on-a-budget or are you going to stick to the tried and true dinner and a movie? Tell us in a comment below or in a tweet to @Theurbanrealist