No one likes chores. No one. The fact you have to stop the fun things that you were doing to clean the house? Nope, that’s a big nope. The chores, alas, must be done if you want to live in a clean and tidy home.
You deserve the best possible living space, and as an adult who has moved out of their parent’s house, you are taking on the responsibility of cleaning the house and making it liveable.
So, let’s check out the list of the household chores that we love to hate – let us know if you feel the same!
Does anyone actually enjoy cleaning the bathroom? Other than when we go in to scrub ourselves, there’s nothing more tedious than giving the bathroom the once over. However, with the amount of bacteria that can breed in such a space, you need to be on it. Keep bleach wipes handy in the bathroom – out of reach of children – and you can wipe down every surface once a day. After you shower, use a squeegee to save yourself some time!
- The toilet gets germy, and chucking bleach down it won’t clean it, per se. So, you need to add a toilet cleaner to the cistern for easy cleaning when you flush. Otherwise, don the Marigolds and grab a loo brush; it requires a clean.
- Cleaning out the washing machine feels counterproductive given that you put soap in it when you clean your clothes. However, your washing and dryer need regular maintenance. Otherwise, you’re going to need to know where to get parts to repair the dryer. Let’s avoid that by keeping them clean of lint and using the right products to wash them out!
- Washing the dishes feels archaic in a world of dishwashers! However, if you don’t wash your plates and cups, you’re encouraging a breeding ground for bacteria, so it’s always better to just wash them up as soon as you’re done and let them dry!
- Ironing? We don’t even want to go there.
- Windows are easily streaked in the rain and get smudged quickly with little kids around. The worst bit is that you can see whether they are dirty or not! So, don’t spend all of your time cleaning your windows. Instead, get in a window cleaner once a month and let them get them up to scratch for you!
- No matter how much you dust, there always seems to be more! Yet without dusting, you’re sitting in skin cells, dust mite excrement and dirt. Let’s not make this the theme of your house!
- Vacuuming the house is a boring task, and it takes your time. And yet it needs to be done. You can choose to go without carpet in favor of using a brush and pan, but you can make life MUCH easier by investing in a robot vacuum cleaner that you can program with your smartphone.
Chores are tedious, and adulting is crappy, but this is what you must do to live in a clean home!