Now that Christmas is finally upon us, it’s likely that many of us are receiving invites left, right, and center for family get-togethers and work Christmas events. Christmas is a time to spend with those that are nearest and dearest, however when the camera comes out it’s easy to want to shy away and not be included in any of the group pictures. Never fear! Here are some tips to help you feel more confident in front of the camera!
1. Tighten up!
We’ve all got them; little areas on our bodies that we aren’t comfortable with. Whether you want to perk up your bottom a little, or smooth out your stomach, there are easy ways in which you can tighten these soft spots so that when it comes to picture time, you’re confident enough to pose for a photo.
- Consider wearing shapewear to accentuate your best bits and smooth over and the areas you’re self-conscious about.
- Treat your body to a detox (and I’m not referring to skinny teas- water with lemon, mint and cucumber will suffice!) so that you can flush out toxins and get rid of a few pounds before the Christmas festivities hit.
2. Show those teeth- smile!
It’s no secret that no matter who you are, what make up you’re wearing, or what age you are, smiling will immediately make your face look better. However, with the media throwing in our faces what the ‘perfect smile’ should look like, it’s understandable that you might be feeling a little conscious about yours. Here are some great ways to make your smile look incredible in time for Christmas:
- Consider teeth whitening to eliminate years of coffee and other substances that may have stained your teeth.
- Find your best smile. Of course, a natural smile is always best, but if you’re worried about the appearance of yours, spend some time practicing the perfect picture smile in the mirror. Doing this will allow you to establish whether you should have a large open smile, or keep it minimal for the best compliment to your face.
3. Treat yourself to a day at the salon, spa or doing something that makes you feel happy and confident.
For ultimate confidence at Christmas parties this year, treating yourself to a day at the salon might just be what you need. Perhaps you could opt for a new style or color? Either way, your hairdresser will be able to advise you on what kind of hairstyle would suit your face and skin tone.
4. Vamp up your skin care routine.
Whether you’re someone who likes to wear make up or not, you’ll know that if your skin isn’t up to standard, you’re going to feel self conscious. Here’s some tips on how to vamp up your skin care routine:
- Drink plenty of water as this will help your skin keep the elasticity it needs to keep your skin looking plump and free of wrinkles.
- Moisturize daily with products that are free of perfumes or chemicals so that you can avoid any products irritating your skin, causing you to break out.
- Eat cleaner to avoid any breakouts of acne or dermatitis. Avoiding alcohol for a short time will also help improve the appearance of your skin.
- When it comes to bathing or showering, switch your products to all natural ones again to avoid your skin suffering from irritation.
- Spend a little more on your make up so that you can be sure what you’re putting on your skin won’t irritate it.
5. Dress for your shape.
One of the biggest blunders that many women make these days, is dressing in clothes that simply don’t suit their body shape. That and buying clothes that aren’t the right size are the main reasons that many of us don’t feel confident in what we’re wearing. This video is fantastic for helping you determine what your body shape is and how you should dress it. Trust me, you’ll thank yourself when you see the pictures!
6. Accessories make all of the difference.
Once you’ve got your outfit, hair, and skin sorted, it’s time to think about accessories. Did you know that the right accessories can make all of the difference to your whole look? Even if you’re pairing your outfit with something as simple as a bulky necklace, you’ll feel that whole lot more confident. Check out this guide on accessories for some inspiration!
7. Try out a new look.
Finally, we mentioned briefly earlier about the possibility of changing up your hairstyle to give you that boost in confidence that you really need…why not do the same for your outfit and make up too? Perhaps you’ve been wearing the same style clothes and the same make up for as long as you can remember? Or maybe you’re simply looking to freshen things up? Experiment with different outfits, hair styles, and even make up so that you can rock up to your Christmas parties looking and feeling fantastic! Remember to smile!
Photo by Nicole Honeywill