This 26-year-old, English beauty stepped into our world back in 2012, dripping in gold with a one-of-a-kind style that has become an artistic obsession.
A face that reminds you of Betty-Boop and a fashion sense that seems to be the unique lovechild of the late 90s to early 2000s, FKA Twigs has taken the mainstream’s attention and fascination. Featured on the cover of The Fader, Dazed and most recently V Magazine, who named her one of the new faces of soul, FKA Twigs’ sense of style has given her just as many adoring fans as her captivating music that overflows sensuous energy through those exquisite pursed lips!
Her experimental look ranges from simple, bold colors collaborating with the modernization of classic streetwear to an assortment of elegant, feminine essentials: slick jet-black hair, eye-catching gold jewelry and bold lipstick. The crop-top and leather sporting songstress, full of exotic appeal, is unafraid to reveal her body in a expressively vulnerable method, which seems to mirror her music.
Needless to say, the most iconic element to her image is her hair! She plays with numerous hairstyles including braids, buns, dreads and everything in between – along with having the best baby-hair since TLC’s Chili. Her reason for reintroducing the fad? An interview with NY Magazine’s-The Cut reveals that Josephine Baker, the first African-American international superstar, as Twigs’ inspiration.
7 reasons FKA TWIGS satisfies our Fashion Fix
1. Trend Setter – Known for her septum piercing, FKA Twigs is hailed for starting the urban septum obsession.
2. This sensual beauty is also an interpretive dancer, which could be why she is able to express so much through her style – Self-expression at its finest.
3. Her feature in Vogue Magazine shows a simple, elegant side of FKA Twigs – Versatility is EVERYTHING!
4. She dresses to impress – FKA Twigs is way more than eye-candy. She directs and co-directs her own music videos.
5. Her degree of urban fashion sense is sensational! In a Google conceptual, video she rocks a crop top, bold lipstick & platform heels.
6. Every woman needs a red dress, and THIS IS WHY!
7. FKA Twigs modernizes our favorite classics in streetwear fashion.