Recipe Written by Veronica Burkel
Hey ya’ll! Get ready for a fantastic mouth magic snack. I currently have 3 flavors for you.
Disclaimer: make sure you know what you are allergic to. Through this cooking experiment, I found out I am allergic to dates. Wah wah. Also, if you are a protein powder person, feel free to add some to any of these; just not too much so it doesn’t take away the stickiness!
Cranberry Coconut Fruit Nut Bar
You need: dried dates, dried cranberries, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, raisins (optional)
Apricot Blueberry Fruit Nut Bar
You need: dried apricot, dried blueberries OR blueberry-fused dried cranberries (what I found when looking for dries blueberries), pumpkin seeds
Apple Cinnamon Raisin Fruit Nut Bar
You need: dried apple slices, golden raisins, cinnamon, brown sugar
1) Find your food processor. Mine is pretty much always on the drying rack.
2) Literally dump all things into the food processor. I usually start out with big stickier on the bottom and seeds on top. Not sure if it matters.
3) Pulse for a little bit, then full-on blend!! It will really not take very long. Touch off and test touch to make sure it has stickiness to it. If it doesn’t, add more of the sticky things (aka dried fruit)
4) Dump processor contents into a glass pan, smash down evenly.
5) Put in the fridge overnight.
6) Next day, take it out, cut up the bars to whatever size you want, and… well, I wrapped them in aluminum foil.
7) Eat as a snack whenever you feel the urge! Give as gifts to friends and relatives! Yay, you’re a master wannabe-Larabar maker, and it cost you soo much less!