5 Home Items Worth Splurging On
This blog post may contain affiliate links which help keep this blog going. Thanks for your continued support!
If you’re like me, you’d rather spend your hard earned money on experiences and adventures instead of material possessions. When you are home, however, you want it to be your sanctuary, right? It should be a place you feel totally comfortable, instead of just a cold place to lay your head for the night. It should have a little personality and lot of functionality. And because you probably don’t want to have to run out and buy replacements all the time (for the sake of your bank account, not contributing to our consumerist society, and doing your part to help the environment), there are a few things that really are worth investing in. I’ve done the research for you, and found the best of the best. Here are 5 home items worth splurging on.
1. The Dondra Teak Bed from CB2 – This beautiful, versatile, and timeless bed is sustainably made and eliminates the need for a box spring and frame. The headboard is made of teak planks reclaimed from homes no longer in use in India. Its solid mango wood base is made to last. This sleek, modern, low-profile bed will go with any décor elements you choose through the years making it my number one pick for home items worth splurging on.
2. The Avec Sofa with Brass Legs from CB2 – This retro couch comes in 25 colors, and its size makes it perfect for big design in a small space. It’s got slim lines, cutback retro arms, and a low tufted back on brass stiletto legs. The frame is made with certified sustainable hardwood that’s kiln-dried to prevent warping and the seat cushion is soy-based polyfoam and fiber.
3. The Mid-Century Desk from West Elm – This desk provides plenty of space on top and three acacia-veneer drawers. The aesthetic will stand the test of time and let your home accessories do the talking. It’s made of FSC-certified, solid, eucalyptus wood. It’s also made in a Fair Trade Certified facility, so your conscience will be as clean as the lines on this lovely piece of furniture!
4. Quality Bedding from Brooklinen – This Move-In Bundle has everything you need to outfit that new bed of yours. It includes a Hardcore Sheet Set in the weave of your choice, 2 Plush Pillows and a Comforter in the weight of your choice and in the material of your choice. This set includes the company’s best sellers and comes with a 60-night, risk-free trial. If you aren’t completely satisfied, they’ll take it back for free, no questions asked.
5. Original Art Pieces– Show off your personal style by investing in a few quality art pieces that will appreciate in value. Seascape by Crate and Barrel is one of my favorites. (The company’s exclusive partnership with UGallery makes one-of-a-kind works from emerging artists available for all of us to purchase.) This particular colorful, abstract painting was created by pouring fluid acrylic paint onto the canvas. During the process, forms appear, disappear, and reappear as the wet colors swirl together. The result is a gorgeous conversation piece that goes with perfectly in any room of the home.
Did my 5 home items worth splurging on make your list? What home items do you think should be included? Let me know in the comments!