As a kid, I was obsessed with cars. I had one of those Power Wheels Barbie jeeps that I literally tried to drive everywhere. I promised myself that I’d get the same one once I got my driver’s license (thankfully my idea of what was cool changed by the time I was old enough to drive). When I first got an allowance, I told my parents I could buy the family a new car, since the commercial said it was only $399 a month. My mom then had to delicately explain that meant three hundred and ninety-nine dollars, not three dollars and ninety-nine cents. My five year old self was absolutely crushed. Fast forward a few years and my dad announces that we’re getting a new family car. To say I was thrilled is an understatement. When we got to the dealership, I could barely keep from squealing. Oddly enough, what I remember most about the dealership other than the scent of new cars is that they had this awesome water cooler and lollipops for us kids. Of course I was hoping my parents would buy something on the cooler side like a Ford Explorer, but we left that day with a Toyota Previa (hello 1996!) who we lovingly named Betty.
Lucky for us Millennials, Cars.com has made car shopping a lot easier (thank you internet). I love the idea that I can buy a car while wearing pjs, laying in bed and watching House of Cards. As if Cars.com wasn’t cool enough, they’re making life even more awesome by paying someone’s car loan off up to $25,000 for showing their #NewCareFace! What’s new car face? It’s the look of absolute excitement and bliss you feel when you purchase a new car!
Here are different ways to Enter:
1. You can enter using Twitter: Show us a photo of your new car + happy new car face. Use #newcarface and mention/tag @carsdotcom in your post. Get creative and crazy with the face you make!
2. You can enter using Instagram: Upload a photo of your new car + happy new car face. Use #newcarface and mention/tag @carsdotcom in your post.
3. You can enter using Facebook: Post a photo of your new car + happy new car face on the Cars.com Facebook wall. Be sure to use #newcarface so we can see your post.
It couldn’t be any easier!
Here are the rules for the contest:
1. You can only submit 1 entry during the promotional period.
2. Open to legal US residents (excluding MD, NJ and TN), 18+ who hold (or whose immediate family member holds) a qualifying vehicle loan or lease.
3. Contest ends 4/17/15 at 12:00:00 pm CST. Prize value up to $25k.
4. Please do not include any personal information, like your license plate number. Safety first!
5. A “New Car” is considered a new or used car bought or leased on or after 1/1/2012.
To check out the official rules, click here. The new car contest is sponsored by Cars.com, a division of Classified Ventures, LLC