Written By Danasia Fantastic
I have this horrible habit of starting things and not finishing them. The latest struggle I’ve been trying to conquer is developing good and clean eating habits. It’s always the same thing… during the week I eat great. Tons of vegetables, eggs, and lean meats. Gallons of water. But the moment that clock hits 5pm on Friday evening it’s like my body goes ballistic and only wants junk. I’m talking Chickfila every day of the weekend. A margarita here (which we all know is one of the highest calorie drinks) a rum and coke there. Did someone say pizza??? My body just goes into overdrive thinking that because I was good all week, I deserve to have a cheat day… that lasts the entire weekend. Something about the weekend makes me lose all motivation to do the right thing in regards to the new healthy lifestyle that I am trying to lead. So after my weekend binge last week, I decided that it ends. No more overindulging on the weekends. I’ve made a list of 5 tips for staying motivated:
1. Visualize- When I want to eat something I know I shouldn’t, I visualize how my new bikini will fit if I eat all that greasy food. Nothing kills your appetite more than thinking about how unattractive a beer belly would look in that suit.
2. Remember The Cons- I’ve recently started to notice how bad my body actually feels when I eat junk, so now before I go to eat something that makes me feel sick, I remember just how sick it makes me feel.
3. Think About the Long Term Benefits- Eating fast food is all about instant gratification. Try and focus on how you’ll feel in the long run if you don’t give in to what you want at that moment.
4. Let Someone Else Motivate You- www.livefitter.com is a website that post all types of motivational quotes for fitness and just a healthier lifestyle in general. On days I don’t feel like working out, I go to this site and one of the quotes always pushes me to get into the gym.
5. Get a Copy of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition– Now here me out on this. Reading this magazine shouldn’t send you into a pit of self loathing. I buy it every year because frankly looking at a bunch of models wearing the newest and cutest bathing suits motivates me not to be model thin, but to really give it my all in regards to working out. The suits are normally pretty expensive, but each year if I meet a fitness goal of mine, I allow myself to buy one of the suits as a reward.
I hope these tips motivate you!
Photo taken from www.weheartit.com