If you are currently working but are not feeling fulfilled in your job, you know the time is coming for you to move on and do something else, somewhere else. Perhaps you’re bored of your daily grind, and you’re ready to stop and take a moment to do something else. Either way, you need to think about what you’re good at so that you can identify the career you should be enjoying instead.
Of course, not every career is right for everyone. You may well enjoy being with dogs, but that doesn’t mean that you should be a dog walker! Perhaps you have an interest in index funds and the FTSE 500. The world of finance may not be one that you’re in right now, but that doesn’t mean that you cannot join the ranks when you feel like you’re in a lull at your current job. So, how do you know a career in finance is for you? Let’s check out some of the signs that you should be in the finance world.
- You Can Communicate. As well as having an interest in all things finance, you should be able to communicate your ideas and advice to clients quickly. When you’re talking to clients about their finances, you need to think about how you speak to people, and if you can do it smoothly, then it’s a good idea to advise others.
- You’re On The Ball. Taking the initiative with your ideas and knowing how to make yourself useful is so essential in finance. You need to be able to assess the goals you have and ensure that you can take ownership of the way that you work. You have to be on top of things when it comes to financing, as you’re dealing with other people’s assets and money.
- You’re Curious. You love a puzzle. Sums and numbers don’t freak you out; they inspire you. You’re not just curious about finance, but also about all the matters that lead to how people make their financial decisions. Instead of accepting things as they are, you dig deeper and question it all, and you do it without being asked.
- You’re A Hard Worker. You have your eyes on the prize with your job and your clients, and you are willing to work for what you need. You’re tenacious and are able to complete tasks efficiently. Those in finance need to have an exceptional work ethic to get things done.
- You Love Money. Lastly, you need to have a love of money to be able to work in finance. Most people love money, but you have to love managing it.
Working in finance is varied, and you need to consider how you can relate to clients and qualify in finance before finding work. You should consider the pros and cons of working in finance and learn how to talk to clients about their money before you get started. It’s a worthy career, and you’ll never be short of work!