Shocking statistics reveal that roughly seventy percent of people who are entitled to compensation never claim it. Just think of all of the people all over the United States that could have some extra money in the bank, yet have done nothing about it. Do you want to be one of these people? It’s highly unlikely!
Undoubtedly, one of the reasons why a lot of people fail to make a compensation claim is because they are unaware of what the term ‘personal injury’ relates to. In general, as long as you have suffered an injury through no fault of your own, which led to you needing medical attention – you have grounds for a claim and should consider hiring a solicitor. It’s worth looking for a subrogation lawyer in order to maximize recovery. However, to give you further scope regarding the various claims that are made, let’s take a look at some examples…
- Repetitive strain injury – Repetitive strain injury, also abbreviated to RSI, is a work-related injury that is caused by overuse or misuse. It can cause issues relating to your soft tissues. One of the main causes of this is sitting at a desk on the computer for too long.
- Untraced driver claims – You may not know who caused the accident you experienced, but you can still make a claim in instances of untraced drivers. A lot of people do not realize this, assuming they have nowhere to go if the driver has ran off! However, it is definitely worth speaking to a legal professional in order to assess your options.
- Travel accident claims – If you experience an injury whilst travelling abroad – no matter whether you travelled by aeroplane, boat, or train – you may be entitled to compensation.
- Product liability compensation – You can also claim compensation if you have been injured because of a faulty product. The company responsible for the product will have to compensate you for the trouble they have caused you. Of course, you cannot make a claim if you have injured yourself because you have not read the instructions.
- Bicycle injury claims – No matter whether someone crashed into you, or the road surface was poor, you will be able to make a claim if you fell off your bicycle because of someone else’s error. People riding bikes are the most vulnerable on the road and so, sadly, accidents are fairly common when it comes to cyclists.
So there you have it – there are clearly a whole host of personal injuries that can result in you needing to use the services of a personal injury solicitor. Hopefully, this will show you that there are so many incidents that can lead to successful compensation claims, and thus you should not dismiss your chances without exploring further. Who knows how much money you may be entitled to!